Tribhuvan University - Courses, Ranking, Colleges, Scholarship
Tribhuvan University (TU) is one of the oldest and top-ranked universities in Nepal. Ever since its establishment in 1959, it has grown into one of Nepal's largest universities with more than 40 central departments, 62 constituent campuses, and 1061 affiliated colleges. Tribhuvan University was named after the late King Tribhuvan. Initially, the administrative office was also located in Tripureshwor later it was relocated in Kirtipur covering an area of 155 hectares.
Tribhuvan University Highlights
The important highlights around Tribhuvan University (TU) are mentioned in the table below:
- Year of Establishment - 1959
- Also, Known as - TU, Tribhuvan University
- Location - Kirtipur, Kathmandu
- Chancellor - Prime Minister of Nepal
- University type - Public
- Official University - https://www.tribhuvan-university.edu.np
Tribhuvan University Ranking
Tribhuvan University (TU) was ranked 1001+ in World University Rankings 2020 by The World University Rankings, 351–400th in Asian University Rankings 2020. In terms of enrollment, Tribhuvan University is the 11th largest University.
Tribhuvan University Course
TU offers various courses in the Arts, Science, and Commerce streams with more than 1079 courses at the Bachelor's level and 1000 courses at the Master's level. Tribhuvan University regulates the Science streams through technical institutes and others through the faculty. There are 5 Institutes, 4 Faculties, and 4 Research Centers.
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Management
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Science
- Center for Economic Development and Administration
- Center for Nepal and Asian Studies
- Research Center for Applied Science and Technology
- Research Center for Educational Innovation and Development
The basic eligibility requirements for registration in the courses offered by Tribhuvan University are mentioned below:
Undergraduate (Bachelor Level)
- Intermediate graduate from a recognized board
- Must be passed in the entrance exam
Postgraduate (Master Level)
- Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks in relevant discipline.
- Master’s degree in relevant discipline with 55% marks.
Check here: Download all the syllabuses of Tribhuvan University from the link: TU Syllabus
TU Entrance Exam
TU conducts entrance exams for admission to Bachelor's, Master and Ph.D. Degree programs. The entrance exam for Bachelor courses is conducted by the concerned department of the Tribhuvan University and the colleges respectively. The entrance exam for Bachelor courses is of both objective and subjective type questions. The entrance test for Master and Ph.D. Degree programs are conducted by the respective departments. The entrance exam conduct by Faculty of Management is CMAT