BSc Forestry in Nepal- EligibIlity, Scope, Colleges, Fees, Scholarship
BSc. Forestry is a four-year undergraduate course with eight semesters. It focused on the conservation of green trees, shrubs, grasses, the environment, watersheds, and wildlife. Forestry Course studies in Tribhuvan University, Purbanchal University, and Agricultural and Forestry University.
Eligibility for Admission into BSc Forestry
- Students who have passed 10+2 in science faculty with a minimum aggregate score of 50%.
- Students who have passed CTEVT Course in Forestry.
- Students must pass entrance exam taken by respective University.
Scopes of Forestry
- Ministry of Forestry and Environment
- Wildlife ranges
- Wildlife research institutes
- National parks & sanctuaries
Interested and eligible candidates can apply for admission into the B.Sc. Forestry program by filling out the prescribed application forms and submitting the documents and credentials as mentioned below. Applicants can obtain application forms by paying an application processing and entrance examination fee of NPR2500.00 (subject to change).
- A copy of the Character Certificate
- A copy of the Citizenship certificate
- Three recent passports sized photographs
- In the case of IOF staff seats, a no objection letter from the Campus Chief for application submission and an official nomination letter from the IOF for admission.
- In the case of ‘government department seats’, pre-approval letters for application submission and letters of nomination for admission. These letters must be from the candidates’ concerned departments.
Forestry Courses Fees and Scholarship
The average fee for forestry studies in Nepal is between NRS 700,000 to NRS 1,000,000.
A campus under Tribhuvan University admits 50 students. Only 10 percent receive scholarships. Similarly, scholarships are also given to three students who bring excellent marks in the entrance examination conducted by the Institute of Forest Sciences. Scholarships are awarded based on the principle of inclusion after application to the Ministry of Education.
Similarly, Forestry and Agriculture University has provided 45 percent scholarship. The Faculty of Forest Sciences conducts scholarship examinations. Scholarships are awarded in a proportional system to students who excel in this examination.
Purbanchal University has a quota of 48 students. Scholarships are given to two students who score high marks in the scholarship examination conducted by the university and to three candidates under the proportional quota.
List of Forestry Colleges in Nepal
|1.||Agricultural and Forestry University||Agricultural and Forestry University||Heatuda|
|2.||Institute of Forestry Campus Heatuda||Tribhuvan University||Heatuda|
|3.||Institute of Forestry Campus Pokhara||Tribhuvan University||Pokhara|
|4.||Kaligandaki Polytechnic Institute||CTEVT||Ghiring, Tanahun|
|5.||Kathmandu Forestry College||Tribhuvan University||Koteshwor, Kathmandu|
|6.||Karnali Technical School||CTEVT||Chandannath, Jumla|
|7.||Lord Buddha College||CTEVT||Gongabu, Kathmandu|
|8.||Mahuregadhi Polytechnic Institute||CTEVT||Nunthala, Khotang|
|9.||Martyr Krishna Sen Ichhuk Polytechnic Institute||CTEVT||Ghorahi, Dang|
|10.||Nepal India Maitri Polytechnic Institute||CTEVT||Hetauda, Makwanpur|
|11.||Panini Polytechnic Institute||CTEVT||Panini, Arghakhanchi|
|12.||Purbanchal University College of Environment and Forestry||Purbanchal University||Morang|
|13.||Rainas Polytechnic Institute||CTEVT||Tarkughat, Lamjung|