5 Most Popular BIM Colleges in Kathmandu Nepal- Shikshasanjal
The Full Form of BIM is Bachelor of Information Technology. The duration of the BIM Program is four years, where the course is divided into eight semesters and 126 credit hours. It is a four-year academic program of Tribhuvan University under the Faculty of Management. Students who have completed 10+2 are eligible to apply for the BIM Colleges in Nepal.
BIM course helps students in all ways, such as developing programming skills, and managerial skills. With the completion of the course, graduates able to do jobs in various IT and Managerial companies effectively. There are many reputed institutions in Nepal which offer BIM course.
It is a combination of Management and IT where 60 percent of the course content computer programming languages like C, JAVA, PHP, Network and Multimedia Networking, Software Engineering, Graphics. The remaining 40 percent is based on Management courses including Micro and Macro Economics, Finance, Business Strategy, Sociology, Accounting, and many others.
KCMIT is the first college to introduce BIM Program in Nepal.
As the trends of the last 4 years, it has been seen that BIM students are getting more jobs than other faculty's students. BIM students can be suitable for any company because they have both Business and IT knowledge which helps to reduce the operational cost of any company.
- Helps in developing business management, quality and Programming skills.
- Jobs in various sectors like Financial and IT companies.
- Students must have a minimum 'C' grade in all the subjects of 11 and 12
- Students must pass the entrance exam i.e. CMAT which is conducted by the Tribhuvan University.
The average course fees for the Bachelor of Information Management [BIM] curriculum ranges between NR 55,500 to NR 65,000 per semester. BIM courses cost based on management and government quotas. Similarly, fees are also based on marks obtained in 10+2 and Entrance Exam.
What after completing BIM Course in Nepal?
Students can get job opportunities in many IT Companies or the Finance Company as full time or part-time job. The main question comes in the mind is that which IT course can study by BIM students if he/she want to get higher study. BIM students can study the Master of Information Technology (MIT) and Master of Computer Information System(MCIS) as an IT course.
BIM Syllabus can download from the above quick links, or you can download them from the syllabus section of the website or you can download the BIM Syllabus from here.
There are more than 20 BIM Colleges in Nepal, where 15 colleges are located within the valley. Among the 15 Colleges, National Commerce Campus and Shanker Dev Campus are the public campuses in the Kathmandu.
|Asian School of Management and Technology||Gongabu, KTM||
|AWES – Institute of Management Studies||Thapathali, KTM||
|College of Applied Business||Chabahil, KTM||
|Kantipur College of Management and Information Technology||Old-Baneshwor, KTM||
|Kist College of Management||Kamalpokhari, KTM||
|Morgan International College, Basundhara, Kathmandu||Basundhara, KTM||
|Nagarjuna College of Information Technology||Pulchowk, KTM||
|National College of Computer Studies||Paknajol, KTM||
|Nepal Commerce Campus||New- Baneshwor, KTM||
|Orchid International College||Gaushala, KTM||
|Prime College||Khusibun, KTM||
|Shanker Dev Campus||Putalisadak, KTM||
|St. Xavier’s College||Maitighar, KTM||
|Thames International College, Old Baneshwor||Old-Baneshwor, KTM||
Note: National Commerce Campus and Shankar Dev Campus are public BIM College in Kathmandu
BIM Colleges Outside the Valley
|Tinau Technical College||Drivertole, Butwal||
|Oxford College||Butwal, Sukkhanagar||
|Himalayan Darshan College||Main Road, Biratnagar||
|Nihareeka College||Chandani Marga, Biratnagar||
|Birgunj Public College||Birgunj||
|Balkumari College||Bharatpur-2, Chitwan||
|Indreni College||Bharatpur-11, Chitwan||
|Sudur Paschimanchal Campus||Santoshi tole -2 Dhangadhi, Nepal||
|Sunsari Technical College||laxmi sadak, Sunsari||
|Ambikeshwari Campus||Ghorahi-11, Dang||
|Hetauda School of Management & Social Sciences||Hetauda, Makwanpur||
|Gupteshwor Mahadev Multiple Campus||Pokhara-17, Chhorepatan||
|Kanya Campus||Nadipur Pokahra||
|Janapriya Multiple Campus||Pokhara, Kaski||
- National Commerce Campus: National Commerce Campus was established in 2021 BS, with the sole motto of becoming a ‘Center of Excellence’ in teaching and researching industrial and commercial arenas. It is located in New Baneshwor of Kathmandu. It has been running BIM, BBA, BBM, BBS, BBA-F, MBM, MBS.
- Orchid International College: Orchid International College is one of the preferred colleges for BIM. It has been providing +2 Science and Management, BIM, BSc. CSIT, BSW, BCA, BBM, BBS since 2010 AD with the aims of providing higher quality education. It is located in Gaushala.
- Kantipur College of Management and Information Technology: Kantipur College of Management and Information Technology were known as a pioneer college of BIM established in 2000 AD with BIM, BBA, and BCA. The objective of KCMIT has been to produce socially responsible, scientifically approached, Management, and IT professionals in the rapidly growing global job market. It is located in Mid Baneshwor of Kathmandu.
KIST College: KIST College established in 1995 with +2 Science and Management, BBA, BIM, BIT, BBS & BSc (Microbiology), and MBS & MSc Microbiology. It is Located in Kamalpokhari, Kathmandu.
- St. Xavier’s College: St. Xavier’s College, is an educational association of higher learning set up and directed by the Nepal Jesuit Society in 1951 with the opening of St. Xavier's School, at the Godavari, Jawalakhel, Deonia, Maheshpur, and Sadakbari. It is one of the best colleges in Nepal of the +2 science streams.